CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT (QUALYS SME) / OUTSIDE IR35
Up to £800 per day OUTSIDE IR35
The Qualys / Subject Matter Expert is responsible for Delivering Advice & Guidance to Technology Teams to Ensure Systems secure in line with Security Architecture Requirements across across Compute, Storage, Network, Cloud, Applications, Tools & EUC. Through either Threat Modelling, Code Review, Design Review you will work to Champion Security through Technology, so they are empowered to make their systems more secure. A large focus of this role is to ensure that there is an Integrated Security Implemented into each of the Services and this role will work closely with the CISO, Security Architecture & Project Teams specifically working with Vulnerability & Threat Management Security Tooling; Qualys.
Key Responsibilities of Vulnerability Management / Qualys Architect role will include:
- Successfully Manage & Deliver Project Aspects
- Exposure to Vulnerability Threat Management Security Technologies, specifically Qualys
- Representing Technology Security Team & Assist other Engineering Teams in Adhering to Secure Design Principles
- Helping Teams Deliver Secure Solutions using Security Skills and also displaying an Agile Approach by Embracing Emerging Technologies, all working together in a robust Technical Ecosystem
- Working Closely & Collaboratively with Engineering & Product Teams
- Strong Problem Solver using previous Engineering Experience to Create & Deliver Innovative Solutions
- Providing Hands-On Direction during Design & Development of Applications, Utilising Threat-Based Approach to Support Business Strategy
- Collaborating with Colleagues within the Wider Global Technology Security Organisation & Technology Departments to Establish Effective & Productive Relationships
- Executing Threat Modelling Activities during Agile Iterations
- Scoping & Leading Incidents which occur on Business Systems regarding Technology Security
- Providing Targeted Application Security Requirements based on Design, Threats, Industry Best Practices
- Influencing Delivery Teams in Prioritisation of Security Activities & Issue Remediation.
- Driving Adoption of New Tools & Techniques & Ability to Understand their Value & Impact.
- Becoming Subject Matter Expert in Use of relevant Security Tool
- Provision of Appropriate Project Documentation & Controls by Ensuring All Activities are Completed Effectively & in accordance with Change Lifecycle & Adoption of Company Project Methodology
- Responsibilities include Change Control, Maintenance of Files, Document Control, Actual Data Collection & Forecasting, Updating of Plans, Administration of Quality Reviews, Meetings Support & Reporting
- Ensure Completion & Storage of All Project Documentation & Completion of Weekly Status Update Report
- Client Liaison liaising where required with IT & Business in order to Assist with Dissemination of Information to External Clients as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience of Qualys Subject Matter Expert:
- Strong Experience working as Senior Technical Expert in Vulnerability &Threat Management
- Good Knowledge & Understanding of Qualys
- Strong Understanding of Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Google, Microsoft)
- Strong Understanding & Experience with Security Tools & Processes
- Strong Leadership & Team Building Skills
- Hands-On, Can Do Attitude – Leads by Example & Drive Delivery
- Ability to Set, Agree & Evaluate Clear Objectives & Identify Impact of Changes
- Influence IT Areas & Senior Managers into making successful IT decisions.
- Strong Customer focus with Attention to Detail
- Ability to Assist & Co-operate with Internal & External Customers in order to Develop Productive, Professional Relationships
Searches: Vulnerability Management / Qualys / Cyber Security Architect / Vulnerability Management Architect / Threat Management / SecOps / Cyber Security Consultant / Cyber Security Engineer / Head of Engineering