Negotiable + Excellent bonus + Benefits
Secure Recruitment are working with one of the largest cyber security specialist consulting practices in the UK, they have over 250 practitioners who range from business risk advisors who work with CEOs, CFOs and boards, to transformation specialists who execute major change programmes, to deep technical SMEs who help clients implement controls to secure their businesses from attack, and support them to respond when an attack occurs.
Our practice is experiencing significant growth which is driven by demand from our clients for greater assistance in dealing with increasingly complex cyber security risks, and support in executing their change and growth agendas securely. They help clients gain confidence in their digital future which is essential to their growth, and as a result their cyber security practice is one of the key growth priorities of the business.
We are seeking a number of experienced consulting leaders to join the Consultancies “Commercial sector” advisory vertical in cyber security at the “Director” level, to respond to strong demand-led growth. The cyber security advisory team helps clients to understand their cyber risks and define and execute a strategy which enables the business to deliver its objectives within their desired risk envelope.
The role will provide support to client leadership teams to define their risk appetite and a proportionate target state of cyber capability and maturity to deliver it; define operating and governance models to make cyber security a sustainable capability which responds to evolving business priorities; deliver complex multi-year transformation programmes both uplifting clients’ cyber security capability, and baking cyber security in to other transformation agendas and help clients define and assure complex control solutions to help them manage their risks.
As a leader of this Organisation you will join a vibrant team of Partners and other Directors leading the execution of their most complex client engagements, developing and nurturing trusted relationships with senior stakeholders at their largest clients, identifying and winning new work for the practice, and leading a team of cyber security specialists.
The “Commercial Sector” Vertical In This Team Works With Clients Across Industries (excluding Financial Services), And We Are Particularly Looking To Add To our clients Leadership Capacity Specialising In One Or More Of :
- Industrial Manufacturing and Automotive
- Technology, Media and Telecoms operators
- Pharma, Life Sciences and Medtech
You may have worked across multiple industries or have developed a deep specialism in a particular sector. Whichever of these describes you, you will have a strong track record of credibility as a trusted advisor to senior business stakeholders on cyber security, and you must be experienced and comfortable building relationships and working with stakeholders up CxO level in FTSE350-scale companies.
You will have strong relationship building skills and you will have a track record of identifying opportunities to serve clients, developing new business, and winning new work. You’ll have led cyber security projects at scale, either in a consulting setting or as part of a client organisation.
- Leading cyber security and cyber risk assignments, including producing documentation and reports, and quality assuring the work produced by junior team members.
- Working as a subject matter expert in your particular field to support a team and managing a larger team in delivering engagements at scale.
- Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends and understanding how they impact responses to cyber risk. Being able to translate these themes in to strategic advice for senior client leaders.
- Providing our clients with trusted advice, rooted in a pragmatic understanding of their business situation and objectives, to help them navigate complex, risk-driven Cyber decisions.
Business and practice development
- Building and nurturing senior client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of cyber security and identifying opportunities where the business can assist.
- Identifying client issues and qualifying opportunities for the business to respond to those challenges and leading the development of client proposals and solution offerings.
- Leading the end-to-end business development cycle, and winning work which will excite and energise your team.
- Taking on specific leadership roles in the practice, for example covering the pastoral leadership of a group of colleagues, or a driving a cross-business agenda topic such as diversity, working capital management, or an industry group.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills – both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and writing engaging reports which communicate recommendations and actions succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is appropriate for the audience and rooted in the client’s needs).
- A keen eye for detail and strong focus on encouraging quality work by all team members, and a constructive approach to developing and mentoring colleagues with those goals in mind.
- Experience of leading business development or sales, including leading bid teams, and experience of writing winning proposals and RFP responses.
- Experience in helping clients effect substantial and complex business change, and experience of assuring or enabling change at scale is essential.
- Experience providing expert strategy, risk and technical advice, guidance, and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
- Broad range of cyber and information security skills, knowledge and experience, perhaps underpinned by a deeper SME in one of our key advisory practice in one or more of the industries mentioned above.
- Applications are particularly welcome from candidates who have spent some time working “in-house” in a relevant organisation, but it is likely that you will have gained at least some of your experience working in a business-oriented consulting environment where you have faced off to clients’ senior business leaders, and relationship-based business development experience is essential.