Up to £550 Day Rate Contract
Infrastructure Security Engineer
Up to £550 Day Rate Contract
Provide detailed hands-on technical security support and management to a highly available infrastructure estate across multiple UK sites. Work with colleagues to respond to incidents, problems and change requests ensuring compliance with SLAs, best practice, regulatory and legislative requirements. Alongside this, assess, implement, configure and enhance technical security controls to continually develop our security posture. Working alongside infrastructure teams you will ensure our IT systems are properly protected from vulnerabilities, risks and threats.
Main Responsibilities of the Security Engineer role:
- Provide Security Operational Support for solutions deployed across our infrastructure.
- Complete configuration rule set reviews.
- Complete reviews of the current infrastructure estate in terms of Security Compliance & Vulnerabilities. Identify areas of non-compliance and ensure areas of weakness are enhanced.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a number of security tools and advise on or take appropriate action.
- Assist in the conduct of security audits of technical solutions detailing recommendations, improvements and corrective actions.
- Perform monitoring and analysis of security tools and logs for indications of attacks.
- Lead the technical response to security incidents and document progress as required.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Cyber Security Managers when managing issues related to infrastructure security.
- Work on projects to ensure security requirements are documented in the service design package and have been met. Provide ongoing technical support of solutions that have been implemented.
- Provide support for vulnerability assessment tools and work closely with infrastructure teams to prioritise and remediate identified findings.
- Manage the schedule for vulnerability assessments and provide necessary reports associated with the schedule on a timely basis.
- Work with cloud-based suppliers who host systems that are entirely remote or heavily integrated with our own internal infrastructure.
- Diagnose security incidents and identify the root cause. Recommend and implement temporary workarounds for known errors and identify areas that would provide mitigations against the incidents re-occurring.
- Research and have a detailed understanding of the latest security threats and trends, while remaining up to date with knowledge surrounding the security industry. It’s important to positively share these findings with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Provide technical insight into reports from penetration testing findings and work closely with infrastructure and application support teams to advocate remediation activities.
- Contribute to security related reporting metrics on a monthly basis to ensure all relevant key performance indicators are kept updated and are relevant.
- Produce, continually improve and maintain security documentation for use within the section to ensure the effective use and management of security systems.
- Perform vendor management activities, working closely with third parties who supply technical security infrastructure.
- Play a key role as part of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team.
- Have an understanding of Corporate Governance within an IT environment.
- Performance Management – Use security incident and event management processes to continually monitor security alerts associated with the infrastructure and take any remedial actions as necessary. Always highlight where changes and improvements could be made.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Possess strong technical security knowledge, based on significant hands-on experience in an IT environment, where a wide range of BAU and project activities take place.
- Good understanding of Security Architectures and topologies and the techniques needed to support security infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments.
- Strong understanding and detailed knowledge of security tool sets with the techniques needed to support security infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments.
- Good awareness and be able to work within Information Security and confidentiality legislation.
- Excellent understanding of ITIL, including Service Operation & Service Transition.
- Good understanding of the technical elements of PCI-DSS and ISO27001 Standard.
- Experienced in understanding, configuring and tuning SIEM Products through the use of correlation rules and analytics.
- Good working knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting current technologies in some of the following areas: Network & Firewall Security / Intrusion Detection / Prevention Tools SIEM Solutions / Anti–Virus Solutions / Vulnerability Assessment & Management Tools / Web Content Filtering Solutions / Email Gateway Solutions / Cloud Based Solutions