Negotiable + Excellent bonus + Benefits
Managing Consultant – Cyber security (Detection & Response)
About the job
Secure Recruitment are working with a U.K. based, award-winning independent IT security services company that delivers cyber security solutions to FTSE 350 clients.
Our client are the trusted security provider to the biggest investment banks, top retail brands, and transportation partners. They have experienced rapid growth and it’s showing no signs of slowing down as they continue to expand into new markets and customers.
We have an opportunity for Managing Consultant from a Cyber Security industry background to join a Detection & Response practice in either London or Edinburgh. Remote UK locations are available with occasional travel to either office.
This is an exciting opportunity to secure, manage and deliver high value strategic security consulting across core areas of expertise for a range of diverse customers (including those at c-suite level) by creating and / or tailoring approaches and standards to meet stakeholder needs. The Managing Consultant performs as the lead advisor on cybersecurity across organisational and governance teams.
* Please note, the successful candidate will be expected to join the team in Q1 of 2022.
Typical role responsibilities include:
- Oversight and leadership of key, high profile or complex consulting assignments for customers (especially those at csuite level) including diagnostic, research, analysis, facilitation, advice, managing risks, report writing, evaluation (50% billable on average) and operating effectively in both agile and waterfall projects
- Recommend programmes and initiatives for quick wins and longer-term business improvement
- Own and maintain the development of strong and positive relationships with key customers
- Manage the work of other colleagues in the team to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and potentially line management to others in the team. Act as mentor to senior consultants and business managers across multiple disciplines
- Support the Practice Lead in the preparation of tender documents / proposals / statement of work and other modes of business development. Scope complex or critical cybersecurity functions as well as high-level business cases including the formulation of total cost of ownership and return on investment models for leading business cases
- Actively support the company in growing, aligning and building the consulting business by establishing and delivering new strategic advisory services and by enhancing existing services and capabilities
- Ensure that you keep up-to-date with best practice and current trends / thinking in core areas of expertise, develop insights and contribute to the sharing of best practice with internal and external audiences
- Ensure regular, clear and diligent communication across senior business stakeholders, within the team and Adarma management
- Operate as part of a wider team, facilitating and supporting internal engineering and product development activities.
Experience / Skills
- Wide range of experience in leading complex cybersecurity strategic advisory consultancy projects across a variety of businesses, sectors, IT functions and security domain areas
- Demonstrated ability to work at senior to board level around business improvement in sometimes challenging business environments
- Expert knowledge of at least one core IS area (Risk & Controls; Security Architecture; Security Monitoring; Vulnerability & Compliance) and knowledge of underlying tools
Essential Qualifications / Certifications
- Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) related discipline or equivalent experience
- CISSP / CISM certification or equivalent experience
Benefits Package Includes:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including Company Pension, Private Health Care, Health Cash-Back Plan, Cycle to Work, enhanced support for Mental Health & Wellbeing, gym discounts and high street discounts platform
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, resulting in industry recognised accreditations and qualifications
- Flexible working hours, occasional home office (where possible)
- Recognition platform
- Rewards for excellent performance through our annual Year-End Awards
- We encourage autonomy and entrepreneurship enabling our consultants and employees to influence the strategy and direction of the business