SENIOR SOC / SOC LEVEL 3 ANALYST
£500 – £600 Outside IR35 (Depending on Experience)
As a SOC Analyst, you will be a pivotal member of our Security Operations Center (SOC) Team, responsible for advanced threat detection, incident response, and the development of security strategies. Your expertise will help fortify our clients’ defenses and ensure the resilience of their critical infrastructure.
- Advanced Threat Detection: Employ advanced threat hunting techniques to identify and mitigate sophisticated threats that may bypass traditional security measures.
- Incident Response Leadership: Lead incident response efforts for complex and high-impact security incidents, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure swift resolution.
- Security Strategy: Collaborate with senior cybersecurity leadership to develop and implement proactive security strategies and countermeasures.
- Threat Intelligence: Monitor and analyse threat intelligence sources to stay informed about emerging threats and vulnerabilities, adapting security measures accordingly.
- Log and Data Analysis: Utilize in-depth log analysis and data correlation to identify security anomalies and indicators of compromise.
- Security Tool Optimization: Oversee and optimize the performance of security tools, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and threat intelligence platforms.
- Incident Documentation: Maintain detailed records of security incidents, investigations, and response activities, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Mentoring and Training: Provide guidance and mentor ship to Level 1 and Level 2 SOC Analysts, assisting in their professional development.
- Continuous Improvement: Recommend improvements to security policies, processes, and procedures based on incident analysis and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Level 3 SOC Analyst role or a similar cybersecurity position within Financial Services.
- Extensive Knowledge of Cyber Security Principles, threat landscape, and security technologies.
- Proficiency in utilising advanced threat detection techniques and conducting thorough incident response.
- Strong Exposure to Security Standards & Frameworks (eg NIST, ISO 27001).
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and leadership abilities
- Relevant Industry Certifications (eg CISSP, CISM, GCIA) are highly desirable.