SENIOR CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER (AZURE)
Salary: Up to £100,000 + Excellent Benefits – Full Time Remote
Senior Cloud Security Engineer required to join our clients Cloud Centre of Excellence Team (CCoE) Secure Recruitment are looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer (Azure) to join a team with responsibility for the design and delivery of security services across the organisation’s Azure Cloud Platform environment, with accountability for a range of deliverables across both Security ‘build’ and ‘run’.
You’ll have an in-depth technical understanding and experience of public cloud, API and micro-service architectures, and you’ll provide low-level hands-on technical engineering expertise for the Security CCoE’s control framework and continuous compliance service. Additionally, you’ll take a lead role for the ongoing maturing and automation of foundation security services provided for wider consumption across the organisation.
The role involves senior level engagement into the business area and is accountable for the delivery of assigned projects, representation at local governance along with providing senior technical leadership and consultancy to both internal CCoE and external colleagues as required.
Key Responsibilities of the role would include:
• SME accountability for core security control framework components & services (Azure)
• Managing senior level engagement into the business portfolio
• Escalation point for cyber security related issues, originating from within the aligned project area
• Triage and allocation of new work with line management and task management of Cloud Security Engineers
• Resource and capacity planning within the aligned area
• Accountability for the quality of work produced by the Cloud Security Engineers
• Representing CCoE Security at localised governance forums
• Ratifying the risk rating and endorse the acceptance of risk in line with risk guiderails
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience of supporting IT/Security infrastructure
• Strong technical background
• Hands of experience Microsoft Azure
• Experience of Cloud Security Tools (.g. Azure Security Centre)
• The ability to pick up and learn new technology approaches and make rapid decisions on the best way to use these technology advancements for the betterment of the overall security posture.
• Excellent communication skills as the ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally is key to the success in the role as is the ability to work with IT and Information Security teams and the wider business.
• An excellent knowledge of Information Security principles and an understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK and other information security defence and intelligence frameworks.
• Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to actively manage workloads to meet business and department requirements.
Desirable Cloud Certifications such as:
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP)
• Experience working within an agile framework
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure
• Experience working with cloud native security tools
• Familiarity with a programming or scripting language
• A working knowledge of financial services and typical business processes involved together with threat actors and their relevant tactics, techniques and procedures would be a significant advantage.
Searches: Cloud Security OR “Cloud Security Engineer” OR “Security Design Engineer” OR “Azure Security Engineer” OR “Security Specialist” OR “Cyber Product Specialist” OR “Cyber Security Architect” OR “Cloud Security Architect” “Security Engineer” Or “Security Solutions Engineer” OR “Cyber Cloud” OR “Cyber Security Engineer” OR “Cloud Security Professional