SENIOR RISK MANAGER / OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGER
£100-115,000 Salary + Strong Bonus + Excellent C–Level Staff Benefits
Our client is an Award Winning Technology Based Organisation with a High Quality International Client Base, now looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to join as a Senior Operational Risk Manager.
Their rapid growth has presented more Risk Exposure, specifically following rapid International & Product Expansion. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be expected to bring a Strong Background of Knowledge & Experience to Help Maintain Robust Controlled Environments as they continue to grow within the UK & Internationally.
This role covers a large scope of responsibilities with the promise of a quick career progression and self-development. You will be a Key Member of the Risk Function, where you will Own Design & Implementation of Best Practice Enterprise Risk Management Framework that is effective in Delivering Valued Insight & Reducing Risk.
You will Review & Report on Effectiveness of Internal Risk Controls, Governance & Risk Management Arrangements whilst Maintaining Responsibility for Devising, Implementing & Supporting Frameworks to Identify & Manage Risks within the organisation. You will be expected to provide assurances to Senior Management regarding how successfully Procedures & Controls are Operating, Ensuring Risks are Reported to Business and working with Key Stakeholders to Ensure Risks are Identified & Controlled.
Key Responsibilities of Risk Manager role would include:
- Designing & Implementing Quantitative & Qualitative Strategies to Control Risk; Incorporating principally but not limited to Operational as well Key Business & Strategic Risks
- Develop, Manage & Refine Risk Reporting to Meet the Needs of Risk Committee & Board to Support Effective Decision Making
- Promoting ‘Risk Aware’ Culture and raising the Standards Risk Management Practices across the business
- Ensuring all Regulatory Requirements in Respect to Risk Management including Stress Testing & Scenario Analysis
- Facilitate Risk & Control Self Assessments by Risk Owners
- Support Annual Refresh of Risk Appetite & Monitor Against Agreed Measures (KRI’s)
- Keep abreast of Emerging Issues, Trends & Regulatory Requirements & Assess the Impact to Organisation
- Act as Thought Leader for Risk Related Activities
- Build Relationships with Wide Range of Stakeholders Internally including Senior Management & Product Owners.
Key Skills & Experience of Senior Risk Manager will include the following:
- Experience working in Enterprise Risk and / or Operational Risk is Essential.
- Deep Understanding of Non-Financial Risk & Control Frameworks.
- Ideally some Financial Risk experience is a plus.
- Good Knowledge of Risk Management Concepts.
- Payments & Technology Risk knowledge would be a strong advantage
- FRM Qualification or similar